Completing CEUs Early
We’re 2 months into Florida’s renewal cycle for LCSWs, LMFTs, and LMHCs, with our current licenses set to expire March 31, 2025. Any continuing education courses (CEUs) we take now apply to our next renewal. This means you can start working on those 30 hours now!
As a professional, we all know the importance of staying up to date in our field. Completing CEUs isn’t only necessary because it’s required; it’s an important part of the learning process. Here are some benefits of getting them done ahead of time:
- Peace of mind. Finishing your CEUs early means you can relax the rest of the renewal cycle. No need to find the time as that deadline nears. It’s a weight off your shoulders and you can spend your time focusing on other tasks.
- Professional growth. By completing your CEUs early, you’re investing in your professional development and demonstrating your commitment to staying current in your field. This can boost your credibility, enhance your skills, and open up new opportunities for career advancement.
- Flexibility. Completing your CEUs online through Ross Counseling give you flexibility to choose courses that align with your interests and career goals. Our courses are completed at your own pace and on your own schedule and completing them early lets you take your time going through each course of your choosing.
- Time management. Early completion helps you model the time management skills that you probably emphasize with your clients. You can lead by example, using your own ability to plan ahead, set deadlines, and allocate time effectively to ensure you complete your CEUs without feeling overwhelmed.
- Avoiding penalties. Florida requires a renewal application, fee, and completion of 30 hours every biennium (our 2 year renewal cycle). Missing these requirements results in late fees, requirements of additional CEUs, and other penalties. Completing your requirements early prevents any of these consequences.
- Personal growth. Continuing education isn’t just about meeting professional requirements, but also about personal growth. It’s an opportunity to learn new things, expand your knowledge, and stay relevant in a constantly evolving industry.
Let us help you make the most of our continuing education opportunities and reap the benefits of completing your CEUs early. Ross Counseling offers individual courses as well as our All Access CEU Renewal Package, Easy Renewal Packages (Ethics and Boundaries package and Telehealth package), and Initial License Package.